Monday 1 October 2012

Aussie Delicious Icon


Before I came here, the impression of Australian delicious could be seafood such as the fresh oyster or lobster. But I guess those haven’t lived the Australia who won’t know the delicious icon today I’m going to present. It’s Australian Ice Coffee. With my traveling experience been lots of countries, I should admit Australian Ice Coffee is the best. 
To someone may have not tasted the delicious icon, there is the Aussie ice coffee recipe for you information. Summer is coming; you could try to make one by yourself at home. This is my own recipe to share with you, hope you’re going to enjoy this summer!

Aussie Ice Coffee Recipe
-          Chill the coffee first
-          Pour one third coffee in the glass (a tall and thick glass)
-          Put few ice cube into half of the glass
-          Put an ice cream ball into (ice cream could be vanilla flavor)
-          Put in the cold milk in the glass until three quarter
-          Put whipped cream on the top
-          Put coco or cinnamon power on the cream, or plane some chocolate on the cream
-          Serve with a small container of syrup, it depends how sweet you want to be
-          Enjoy the yum…

After I had research the ice coffee in the world, I find German have the quite similar ice coffee without ice cream. For more information about worldwide ice coffee, you could check the following URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iced_coffee#Germany

Where is the best Aussie ice coffee you could get? Be honest, I don’t have lots of idea. If you’re local Aussie, could you help me contribute some inputs here, at least in Melbourne?

Of course, if you don’t want to put so much effect in, just want to have simple cold coffee. Here is the commercial branding ice coffee you could choice in the following video: 


Dare


Farmer Union

Big M


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie,

    Yes you are correct, Australian's ice coffee bears many similarities to the German variety. In my experience I recall they have ice cream eateries, similar to a pizzaria and coffee shop. These cafes prove very popular after work, on weekends and during summer!

    Melbourne has some great cafes that serve ice coffee. Acland Street St Kilda springs to mind, in addition to Chapel Street Sth Yarra and the Melbourne CBD.

    cheers, sky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the valuable ice coffee information in Melbourne, Sky!
    I guess I have more fun for the coming summer with those spots you introduced.

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that we are definitely not being biased in saying that Melbourne has the best coffee! I sometimes have to travel interstate for work and am always so disappointed by the lack of love that other states in their baristas! There is no rhyme or reason in terms of quality and wheer you get it from, especially from NSW. Whereas you know what you will get most of the time here in VIC and if you are unhappy they are always willing to make it up to you! It does get worse overseas. My hubby and I have resigned ourselves to Starbucks whenever we travel in Asia for consistently bad soy lattes!

    Thanks for the awesome post as always Annie, looking forward to the next one xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie, thanks for sharing iced coffee recipe. I have never tried before at home or cafes. I am a traditional green tea drinker, but your post makes me want to try one during this hot summer. I enjoyed the commercials and found them funny because actually none of them presented about the taste or about the product but just funny situations. That must be a trend in these coffee drinks ads.

    Anyway, one suggestion for your iced coffee. Adding cold Baileys Iris cream in your coffee. That will be a nice alcoholic alternative which I know many Aussies will enjoy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it. Really enjoy to make a cup of iced coffee and have a relax afternoon. My suggestion, try the coco black's iced coffee or iced chocolate. It is really unique one!

    ReplyDelete